Saturday, March 13, 2010

About my Little Monkey NOLAN -- 2 yrs

Nolan..... I don't know where to start about him... He is such a bullet and full of smiles giggles and whit!

My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for three years before we finally got Nolan. Out of all our 4 children he was our only truly planned one! We were told the likelihood of having a child naturally for us was near impossible, so we went down the path of infertility treatments, which lead to a cycle in IVF (Invitro Fertilization).

After months and months of meds and many many needle sticks and a tummy full of shot bruises, we found out that we were pregnant with a baby!!! We were so excited!! A few days later we had a huge scare and ran into the doctors office to hear that the baby might not be viable. Nolan was a fighter from the beginning!!!

I was on bed rest for the first trimester and then back to work full time in a local hospital as a surgical technician. Nolan arrived via a planned repeat c-section. I had every thing planned and ready and it went like in the books, everything was perfect!!! We now were a happy family of four!!

I remember the first time Nolan learned how to laugh out loud. Andrew would make silly faces and Nolan would just bust up laughing!! Nolan looks up to his big brother so much.
Now Nolan is 2 years old and has been a big brother for the past 6 months!!

Nolan is the laughter of my day, everything he says is just the cutest sweetest thing!! I can't even truly get mad at him because my heart is laughing at the situation. I love the "Terrible Two's" I think they are one of the best ages ever!! I think it is terrible for a person with no patience and has OCD, because toddlers are everywhere, messing up everything, exploring everything and are always testing their boundaries. This is what I love about him!! He keeps me on my feet and makes me feel (and a lot of times act ) like a little kid myself. But, man ohh man does he wear you out!!!! I can't even count how many times he said "Mommy, Mom, Mama..." today maybe like 500 at least!!!

You will here a lot about Nolan, because with his personality he will be getting himself somehow involved in everything that happens. Like most two year olds, he thinks the world evolves around him.

I could not thank the Lord enough for giving me Nolan. Jay and I prayed night after night for years for a baby and God blessed us with Nolan. The same little Nolan that when in a furniture store kneels at every display bed/mattress and prays "I love you God, thanks much God, AMEN", and yes just to help you picture this, he throws his hands in the air and yells AMEN as loud as he can!! He is a perfect piece to my O'Daniel family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP