Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Steps

Well, yesterday Eli and Emmaire turned 6 months old!! This is a huge milestone for them, they got to eat baby food (rice cereal) for their first time. I title this post baby steps because it is me that is making all the baby steps watching them grow. I know they are the last babies I will have, and the last little ones too give that first bite of food too that gets pushed out by their tiny tongue and lands all over their bib. I have to take baby steps myself to make sure i cherish all these moments.
As of now, we only have one high chair. Eli was sleeping when by the time I got everything ready so Little Emmarie went first. She was so little in the chair I couldn't help but giggle! Nolan was so interested he kept saying "my Emma eating cereal mama??" She struggled to get the concept of what was going on, i think it will take some time till she is really ready, but the pediatrician says she needs it now! I think sh only took in a couple bites. Andrew wanted to feed her a bite and so did Nolan, I think Nolan will want to "help" every time now!
Then it was Eli's turn...... He sat up so much taller in the highchair then his sister. Eli was all smiles as he waited for the bib and during the first bite!! He is such a charmer! By the time his tongue got the cereal to the back of his mouth he would make a real crunched up face..... it was so funny! Andrew and Nolan both had to feed him some too! All in all the experience ended in bath time for all!!
I also went through all the clothes in the closet that they have outgrown and replaced it with bigger sizes.... I couldn't help but cry. I felt like I was not only replacing clothes but I was replacing the fact that I will NEVER again hold a newborn baby in my arms that belongs to me, that I gave birth to again....... I hope someday I will be a proud Grandma and it will still feel like my baby I am holding!
They also went for their 6 month check up and Eli is 15 pounds and Emmaire is 14 pounds! They are still a little behind developmentally but that is normal for premature babies.
As crazy as my house is, I love having these little blessings with me all the time!!! I never thought God would EVER bless me this much!! I guess I am pretty special!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP